Monday, March 11, 2013

Small Update

It has been awhile since I have posted.  It is still a little hard to believe 2012 is over and we are already three months into 2013.  Time flies.

I do not have much to say tonight, but I felt like writing.  I guess I will start by saying (for posterity, since everyone probably already knows) I had corrective eye surgery last August.  My eyesight recently returned, hence the lack of posts since July.  Just kidding.  It was a rather spontaneous decision, but I have not regretted it (except the first week).  I now have 20/15 vision, which is better than 20/20.  I love not wearing glasses, and personally, I think I look better without them.  :-)

I also withdrew from school late last year.  I needed time to renew myself, rediscover who I am and what I want, and resolve some personal issues.  I do want to return and finish my degree one day, but I am thankful for the break.  I regret not finishing sooner than I had hoped, but I felt postponing a formal education was necessary for my mental health and stability.

Those are two of the biggest changes in my life since the last post, but I hope others are coming soon.  That is all I will say at the moment.

Because I am still working on the blog challenge, I will end with a recipe.  My "wives" (yes, a gay man can have wives), Deborah and Christa, and I made this for dinner a few weeks ago, and it was easy and tasty.  (Actually, I will add the recipe later when I have access to a computer.  I am typing this on my Samsung Galaxy tablet using a bluetooth keyboard, and I am getting frustrated with correcting the many mistakes caused by it.  Ugh.)

Crispy Cheddar Chicken

Ingredients:

4 breasts chicken, boneless and skinless
2/3 cup milk
3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups Progresso Italian Breadcrumbs
2 tablespoon butter, melted
1 (18 ounce) can Progresso Creamy Three Cheese cooking sauce
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut each breast of chicken into 3 pieces. Dip each piece into milk, then cheddar cheese, then Italian breadcrumbs. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with foil.
  2. Bake chicken in preheated oven for 25 minutes, then remove foil, baste with melted butter, and cook 10-12 additional minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and coating is golden brown.
  3. While chicken is cooking, place the Progresso Cooking Sauce into a small saucepan and simmer until reduced in half.
  4. Remove chicken from oven and place on platter. Spoon sauce over chicken. Top with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. haha...I didn't know you had corrective eye surgery! I hope to look into it someday, but haven't bothered doing my homework on any long-term side effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend getting it done if you can!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...