Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sometimes, I Can't Think of a Title

I guess it's that time again. It's almost been a week since my last entry. Not much has happened, though. I haven't started my new job yet. My official start date is July 25. They will begin training me before then, however, which is a good thing, considering John, my new manager, leaves on vacation July 24 and will be gone my first week on the job. That will be interesting. I'm sure that's when everything will go wrong.

I still haven't been matched with a Little. I e-mailed my Match Support Coordinator (I think that's her title) for an update, but she didn't have one. It's too bad - there are a lot of kids out there that need a positive, male adult role model. I appreciate the desire to match brothers based on comparable interests; however, it seems to me that the delay ends up hurting the children. I guess I'm just being impatient.

And school...well, I've been procrastinating on that lately. I need to complete four tasks by the end of August. Possible, but not easy. *sigh* I really want to graduate in 2011, but I don't seem to have any motivation at the moment. Any suggestions?

That's about it. There might be more I could mention, but I'm pretty tired and I have to wake up early tomorrow. Maybe I'll edit this entry later...nah. Have a great night!

3 comments:

  1. I think they're just being very careful about matching Bigs and Littles together. After all, you'll be spending a lot of time together. It would do more harm to make a hasty bad match than to take the time to make a good match. I'm sure they have the kids' best interests at heart. And I'm sure you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - the motivation factor with WGU. You just have to set your own goals and push through. Give yourself a reward for accomplishing your goal so you have something to look forward to. Make Sean make you do your homework :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it helpful to set a time every day just like a scheduled class would be, usually later in the evening. It helped me to be sure I was alone and I told everyone (you may remember)"I'm going up to work on school stuff. Leave me alone." You'll make it. It's hard to see Sean have a summer vacation when you don't get one. The price you pay for how you're doing your schooling. But you have the benefit of no commute. That's worth a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...