Tuesday, January 24, 2012

/cliffhanger

This post is a continuation of One Amazing Week.

Sunday (January 22)
My day began with a farewell.  My nephew Nick, who is leaving for the California Arcadia Mission tomorrow, and his brother Conner spoke.  Although we may not always agree or believe the same things, I am very proud of both of them, and I enjoyed listening to them.  Afterward, we went to a recreation center for lunch.  It was nice visiting with family.

After a brief stop home, I excitedly, yet nervously began the drive to pick up my date.  When I arrived, I knocked on the door -- no answer.  I called his phone -- no answer.  Dejected, I left.

I texted a few friends and vented with Mike and his girlfriend Gina when I got home.  Then, he called.  He apologized and explained he was out with his friends longer than he expected and his phone died, so he could not text me.  He felt horrible and asked if we could reschedule the date to later that night.  I picked him up a few hours later.

We drove to Pipa for dinner, but they were closed, so we went to Simply Sushi instead.  We then drove through the Avenues to see the view of the city lit up, like Mike and I did earlier that week.  We then went back to my house and watched The Room (one of the best worst movies I have ever seen) and two episodes of Adventure Time.  After that, I drove him home.

We sat in his driveway for a minute, and he said he had a really good time.  We talked about going out again, and then we hugged.  He paused a second before opening the car door and said, "I really want to kiss you, but I don't know if you want me to."

I replied, with a big grin on my face, "I'll kiss you!"

A few seconds later, he exited the car, and I drove home.  He texted me a few hours later, "Thanks again for the awesome date."

I am seeing him again this Thursday.  I cannot wait.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...