Sunday, May 10, 2009

General Update

I interviewed with Big Brothers Big Sisters a week ago yesterday. It went well, I think. I should hear from them within the next week if I am accepted into the program, and the process of matching me with a Little Brother begins, which could take a few months, unfortunately. I'm very excited to be a Big Brother. In fact, I already have a few activities in mind. I'll continue to update you on the progress, of course.

On Thursday, I saw the new Star Trek movie with Sean and his family. I thought it was excellent! Although some Trekkies are disappointed with the changes that were made to the Star Trek universe, I feel it gave new life to a nearly-dead franchise, gaining new, younger fans. They, the Star Trek producers, writers, directors, et cetera, can take the series in a new direction without being tied down by the original time line and story. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this franchise in the future.

Here's a video mocking the disappointed Trekkies from The Onion:


Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film As 'Fun, Watchable'

We also saw "Transmorfers: Mormon Meets the Eye" at The Off Broadway Theatre. It wasn't as funny as some of the other plays I've seen there, but it was still good. Afterward, we went to Keys on Main, which was really fun. We were all pretty tired, though, so we left early. I'm sure we'll go back sometime soon.

Yesterday, we walked in Salt Lake City's Race for the Cure. More than 18,000 individuals participated (about 100 of them from my work), raising several thousand dollars. It was nice to get out and enjoy the nice weather in support of a good cause - breast cancer. I am grateful my mom was able to overcome this disease several years ago, and I walked in celebration of her.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Andrew! I hope everything works out for Big Brothers. You sound very happy about it. I haven't seen Star Trek but am a fan and heard it was awesome. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I couldn't laugh at that Mother's Day clip because then I'd have to tell my mom I was watching something on the internet instead of listening to whatever she was saying?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...